Things You’ll Need

If you have a spouse/partner who is not a teacher, we strongly suggest supplying a Partner Statement. This document serves as your spouse/partner's introduction to international school recruiters. It is not a cover letter or resume. This document should be completed whether or not your spouse/partner will accompany you overseas. When you submit your application, our system will email your spouse a link to complete this form.

You will be asked to enter an email address for each reference. Our system will email a reference request as soon as you submit your application, so it is a good idea to give your supervisors a heads up!

If you are a current teacher:

You must provide contact information for the three individuals who write your references:

  • At least one administrator, Assistant Principal or above, from your current position and
  • Two other administrators who supervised you in positions you've held within the past seven years

If you are a recent graduate:

  • University field advisor
  • Mentor teacher(s)/supervising teacher(s) with whom you did your student teaching
  • A professor, other mentor teacher or relevant supervisor.

While these materials are optional, recruiters do enjoy viewing them to get a multifaceted sense of who you are. A fun video about yourself or a beautiful sample of your classwork can only help you stand out as someone a school would love to have!

  • Professional Profile Photo
  • YouTube, Animoto, or Prezi video
  • Personal resume
  • Reference list
  • Philosophy of education and/or ISS Personal Statement
  • Colleague, parent and student recommendations
  • Examples of your classwork

Copies of official transcripts can be scanned and uploaded.

If you are a senior in college, not yet graduated: Official copy of your transcripts from your university, up through your current semester (official copy of your transcript with degree awarded will be required upon graduation).

If you have graduated: Official transcripts of your highest degree earned.

Teaching/librarian/counselor/administrator certifications from the Department of Education or government office in your State/Province/Country